Thursday, May 7, 2009

Interesting Figures...

The most interesting Figure I have met was within my first 2 weeks here, right around the corner at a music bar. He told me much about his life, his migrations, and he worked in many different places. Karlsben has lived in Switzerland, many places in Wien. He shared much knowledge about the life style, landscape, and Wien in general.

Hmmm... From beyond Wien.

While I was on spring Break, the only person worth mentioning is a women who offered Jon and I her kindness.

I can not for the life of me remember her first name. Jon and I called her St. Napolli.

This women was sitting on the train with us since Millano. She watched us give up our seats for 2 older Italian Women... and saw the consequence of us doing this.... She noticed us standing for 7 hours.

After standing for 7 hours from Millano to Napolli she saved Jon and seats in the car that we started on. She gave us much advice about the rough city of Napolli. She was very concerned with us saying we had no place booked, accept for a campground that we had intentions to find In Sorrento.

She brought us to the subway station and got us a train to Sorrento.

We learned about her life growing up in Italy... and she knows how rough of a city of Napolli is because it used to be her home town.

Its very populated, and the people there love to take advantage of tourists. We learned that pick pocketing and mugging are a high risk there.

She told us about Sorrentop also. We would have talked about many other things, however, my Italian is not up to par, and Jon only knows Grazi and Prego.

St. Napolli's english was good, however there was still a language barrier.



This is the picture of Jon and I after we gave up our seats for the two Italian Women.

No comments:

Post a Comment